Sunday, April 25, 2010

Yesterday, I attended the Washington State Sugar Artist 2010 Annual Cake and Confectionary Show...

it's exciting to attend my first cake and confectionary show. I got to see my friend Barb compete in her first cake competition. She is another cake and chocolate enthusiast who enjoys making cakes and working with chocolate as a hobby. I was amazed at the popularity and the fabulous cakes and sugar art entries submitted at the competition.




The cake show had a variety of cake artist demo their 'talent'. I learned about a new medium call Chocolate clay to do modeling and create edible structure that would not normally hold up with fondant. There were demos on designing and how to build structure for extreme cake designs and working with hot sugar.



All it all, it was a good day of learning at the show and I got to gather many more tips to expand my interest in the hobby of sugar art.

No comments:

Post a Comment