Monday, December 28, 2009

Welcome to my new blog!

Now that my culinary training is complete, I get my life back. So for my first solo project, I volunteered to create a 3 tiered wedding cake for the little brother of my childhood friends. Andy is the baby brother of my friends Quenna and Adam. When we were young, we made mudpies in their backyard and tried to feed them to Andy when he was about 3 or 4 years old. Now that he is all grown up and married to Yu Min, it was fitting to give him a real cake to eat. As a wedding gift, we presented Andy and his bride Yu Min with a wedding cake.



The Wedding cake decorating class and gum paste class I took with Chef Rob Wood at Pacificakes finally paid off. I surprised Andy and Yu Min with her dream cake - a 3 tiered cake, the whole cake was a recipe from Dorie Greenspan's Party cake recipe. Awesome recipe, the cakes were so moist even after being frozen for a week in our freezer.

The vanilla cakes with each tier filled with 3 different types of filling. The bottom tier was filled with diced mangoes and strawberries with Bavarian cream. The middle tier was filled with Meyer Lemon curd and Bavarian lemon cream. The top tier was filled with Sunfresh Marionberry jam, Meyer lemon curd and Bavarian lemon cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment